Zitat von Andrea Zagli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
but why imp show me the queted part of the message correctly wrapped and what i wrote not? (in evolution i see the whole email correctly)

for example, when i display in imp a mail that i sent from imp in reply to other mail, i see the quoted part of the mail wrapped, while i see the part that i wrote not wrapped

I agree that this is irritating and I still didn't get used to it. I guess this happens if the original, now quoted, text was not flowed, while the newer part is. So the old part is hard wrapped, and the flowed part is, well, flowing.

I find it easier to read the way we do it in Whups, and like we used to do it in IMP, i.e. wrap at 76, even with flowed text. Of course this causes problems if those lines don't fit into the window, because of small screens etc. Maybe we could use a max-width CSS layer for wrapping instead?

It doesn't have to be 76. I think IMP 4.1 used to reflow messages for me (compared to the original, flowed format wrapping). It's a good idea to have a wrap width, but ideally this would be a user preference (and maybe another for whether to do this at all).

--
Tim Bannister
Email system administrator

w: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/itservices