Zitat von Piotr Legiecki <piot...@pum.edu.pl>:

Jmeter tests apache, but my IMAP server is on another machine. Is this testing environment suitable for jmeter?

It tests any web server. And you want to test your webmail frontend, no?

I don't think so ;-/
What I want to do is to put work load *using* Imp4 on the mail server (uw-imapd) which is on another machine.

And what *is* IMP, if not your webmail frontend?

I think Horde/Imp is fine, configured OK (when I test it it is working ok), but UW-imap is ill behaving when it sees the new Imp setup *plus* load caused by lets say 50-100 people. So I want to simulate those 50 people reading mails.

The same two servers were ok before with Imp3 (but there I could set up mail/ folder easly). So it is not the problem to handle such traffic, the problem must be somewhere between Imp4/servers.php and UW-Imapd.

Removing UW-Imap is actually out of question (I'm not an admin there).

Then you will never get a performant system.

Anyway, JMeter still is what you are looking for, please refer to its documention for further instructions.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/