Quoting Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruent...@ebira.de>:

Zitat von Hiromi Kimura <hir...@tac.tsukuba.ac.jp>:

From: Michael M Slusarz <slus...@horde.org>
Subject: Re: [imp] IE11 patch
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:05:56 -0700

Quoting Hiromi Kimura <hir...@tac.tsukuba.ac.jp>:

Attach is my IE11 patch.
Please test it.

Why is this in there?

+       /* IE11 */
+       if($GLOBALS['browser']->isBrowser('msie') &&
+          $GLOBALS['browser']->getMajor() == 11){
+         $this->addMetaTag('X-UA-Compatible','IE=EmulateIE10',true);
+       }

There is no reason to emulate IE 11 as IE 10 for all purposes.

michael

___________________________________
Michael Slusarz [slus...@horde.org]

I can't scroll the message list by wheel without this patch.
Am I missing something ?

-=-=-=-=-
Hiromi Kimura, Tandem Accelerator Complex, University of Tsukuba, JAPAN

The same problem here, scrolling by the mouse wheel is not possible in IE11 (Windows 7 Home Premium in VirtualBox).

But more annoying is the fact that when I attach a file to a mail the window where I can select the file to be attached is always popping up again after selecting the file. So it looks as if I had selected to attach two files at the samt time.

I think there was a similar error some time ago with Firefox in July 2013, but I'm not sure if it is related at all.

It's not. IE 11 broke a bunch of stuff. Ckeditor doesn't support it properly yet either - turns out it is not just a Version 3 thing - even Ckeditor 4 is not yet fully IE 11 compliant.

From an open source developer's standpoint, there is pretty much nothing more frustrating than having to deal with cross-browser issues. It really is the most difficult thing to deal with because it is so time consuming. (Making the original DIMP work with IE 6 and Safari 1 and 2 turned out to be like a full-time month long project. Luckily, I was getting paid for that work, or else it probably wasn't ever going to get done.)

michael