Quoting Kai Harrekilde-Petersen <k...@harrekilde.dk>:

Hi,

I am installing Horde on an Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS machine, using their php-horde-webmail package.

Versions:
PHP: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.5 (test.php says that "this version of PHP has not been fully tested with this version of Horde")
Horde Group Webmail Edition 5.1.3
Horde version 5.1.5
Imp version 6.1.6

I am able to login as a user, but the portal services page (/horde/services/portal) says "User is not authorized for imp". I've traced this back to Registry.php, line 1551, when testing for $this->isAuthenticated(array('app' => $app))
The isAuthenticated() function throws an exception when doing
        try {
            return $GLOBALS['injector']
->getInstance('Horde_Core_Factory_Auth')
                ->create($app)
                ->transparent();
        } catch (Horde_Exception $e) {
            Horde::log($e);
            return false;
        }

I have looked at the Horde wiki' FAQ Admin, and confirmed that sessions work, changed $conf['session']['use_only_cookies'], checked the cookie path, deleted my cookies - all to no avail.I've googled, but only found a message from about a year ago reporting the same, but no solution.
If I navigate to horde/imp, I get logged out and cannot log back in again.

I'm using IMAP for authentication (test.php says OK, I get Login success message in my syslog), MySQL for prefs.I used horde-db-migrate to setup the tables.

I'm at wit's end, so I'd appreciate any help here.

Thanks,

Kai Harrekilde-Petersen

First, unless you have some specific need not to, you should probably be using Application/IMP authentication since you are authenticating to the same IMAP server anyway.

Second, you most likely have not correctly configured imp/config/backends.local.php propertly. Look at the 'hordeauth' parameter.

--
mike
The Horde Project