On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Sam Vekemans
<acrosscanadatra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> Can you give an example of a situation when you'd need to use multiple
> source fields for 1 osm tag?
>
> Also, if your creating intersecting ways, double check to see that the
> nodes are infact connected. (shp-to-osm doesnt connect the ways.
> (thats why im not dealing with roads, and leaving it to the shp2osm
> script to handle) but it seems all other features are fine though.

If this is important to you, I can quick release a version of shp-to-osm
that does connect ways.

I have code in the repository now for what I called "glomming". It hasn't
shown up in shp-to-osm yet because I don't read the entire data file in to
memory before writing it out (so I can read arbitrarily-large shapefiles).
In order to do this, I would have to read the entire shapefile in to memory,
leading to a restriction on the size of shapefile to convert.