I find myself occasionally adding nodes to data that I assume will be updated regularly from "authoritative" sources - examples such as
* YAHOO image cover (high-res or other) * natural reserve boundaries * administrative boundaries e.g from the french cadastre * EU CORINE land cover Most of them span large areas/length, are coarse resolution and tend to roughly follow natural features. And often there is a way/path close to the edge.. I'd like to add such ways with higher resolution, but editors are trying to snap to the existing feature (a bit of a hassle). I assume that these datasets get occasionally scrapped and re-imported, so there is no point in improving accuracy for them. As such, is there some agreed way for a large-scale import to pass the message to editors such as Potlatch that they need not bother editing these features? (this would allow me to go off and pester these editors to actually honour such an attribute). Of course, the editor could chose not to honour this (i.e. JOSM when importing/improving some CORINE areas), but at least this would then be intentional. Thanks in advance for any pointers jan PS: If on the other hand I knew that CORINE is taking back OSM data, I'd be happy to edit/refine these areas - the "land cover" provides a nice background for cycle maps. So an alternative tag could be saying "auto-import data, but your edits will be taking into account upstream" _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
