On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Jan Iven <[email protected]> wrote: > I find myself occasionally adding nodes to data that I assume will be > updated regularly from "authoritative" sources - examples such as
I don't think there is currently any good plan to update imported data in OSM. This is one of the big arguments against imports. They can't be easily maintained with current tools. We've been facing similar issues in the US with the TIGER road centerline data and no one has really come up with a solution. As for administrative boundaries, I have suggested in the past that editors should perhaps come with a default filter to make administrative boundaries uneditable. At least here in the US, most of the time a mapper touches a boundary it is by accident and a mistake. This is in large part because of the way they were imported. If the person really wants to edit a boundary, the filter could simply be disabled. But I haven't really gotten any positive feedback on that idea. I know some people are of the opinion that such imported data should live in its own database and be combined with OSM data at render time. Toby _______________________________________________ Imports mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports
