> The draft states that manual edits are  less potentially problematic.
> Manual edits, with the exception of malicious, are prone to human error. We
> transpose digits, introduce spelling errors, forget to connect nodes, and
> even position nodes in the wrong location. Then there is the error of
> omission. It takes too much effort to add in all the data, for example, we
> add a coffee shop, but don't add an address or add a street, but abbreviate
> parts of the street name.

What I was refering as "problematic" wasn't very clear I admit, I'll re-word
that. But the problems I had in mind wheren't those type of problems, but
those where an automated edit added a lot of them and make it much harder to
correct. That's why I think there should be 2 differents policies, and the
one where you add bad data is easier for anyone to correct/remove than those
comming from automated one. This page is focussed on automated ones, and for
that I thought it was needed to express what is a "manual edit" and what
isn't.

> Lets instead look at what we should be importing. And what shouldn't. For
> example, the bulk of the coastlines should be imported.

This is higly subjective, and that is not something I want to adress here.
What or what not to import needs to be discussed cases by cases with those
who know (the local mappers) ence, the part about "discuss you import before"

> I would recommend separating mechanical bots and
> scripted imports from manually cutting and pasting.

I would not, both share the same potential of being massive and hard to revert
for non power users. But again, in the first phase, I don't want to discuss
the policy, I want to make clearer what is the current DWG stand ground.
And what is, is that the 2nd account is mandatory even if you
just "copy/paste" data in JOSM

> It was the ~100 objects that first caught my eye.

I'm really unhappy with my (below ~100 objects), I don't want it to be a
defined threshold. As you said later, importing one stream made of 101 nodes
is more likely to be tolerated without a 2nd account than replacing 99 names
of all countries's capital by name={{indirection|name:<lang>}}
(edit that will be reverting right away even if not vandalism)

--
sly, DWG member since 11/2012
Coordinateur du groupe [ga]