On 4/3/2014 10:32 AM, Richard Weait wrote:
The data provides osm way id: 42850355, and speed limit: 50

What is it this data?:
The drivers and fleet manager report a posted speed limit where:
- the posted speed limit does not match the maxspeed in OpenStreetMap data.
- the posted speed limit does not match their presumption of the speed
limit based on OpenStreetMap data.  (I think they presume a speed
limit based on highway=* or other tags where there is no maxspeed=
tag.  )

Ordinarily, my method of collecting data for speed limits is either as a passenger with GPS+camera or Video+GPS. The road is generally split where the speed limit changes, so in OSM terms, I would think that we would expect an absolute worst case of 10 meters to identify where a speed limit changes. I would be surprised if their reports would have this level of detail and accuracy.

But the data would be useful to catch the case of their reported speed mismatching a long stretch of road in OSM.