Richard,
This sounds like interesting data to help validate what we have posted.
Just from my experience on I5 in Washington State, OSM was incorrect in a
number of places. I suspect that the our data needs refreshing. This data
could be a great place to start.

As a test, I'd like to see how well the data matches up to actual signage.
Can you make the data available so we can compare to known speed limits?

Once we have an understanding of the quality of the data, we can then
decide how to best use it, i.e., mass import, maproulette, or others means.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us