Hi, Bryce:

Data is collected with special tablets with an ad-hoc application. The
data collected is then downloaded in the GIS department.

It's clear in the workflow wiki [1] that the fixme tags won't never be
imported. This is a manual import through the HOT TM, so users check
every single node, decide what type of place it is
(village/hamlet...), delete the fixme tag, check the spelling and
merge with present GNS nodes, if any. Only after doing that, they
upload the data. So no FIXME tag will be imported. For any node.

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Borno_eHealth_Africa_Smaller_Settlements_Workflow

On 18/03/15 21:17, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> A sample sample is:
>
> place=hamlet name=Fooble taga=Fum tagb=Fum tacg=Fooble
>
> Keeping the actions of 80 people consistent is difficult, as past
> similar mapping efforts have shown.
>
> -----
>
> Past history with "fixme" notes imported is not so good.  Keep in
> mind a fixme is seen only by a person already mapping the area, and
> probably from an armchair.  A map note has a different
> characteristic and at present time is more likely to alert nearby
> people.  Use of either one, on an import, should be done
> sparingly.
>
> Based on your description, fixme in the final upload is not a good
> thing.

- --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ravilacoya