On Sat, 2020-01-25 at 12:15 -0800, Clifford Snow wrote:
> Happy to see more addressing in OSM.
>
> A couple of observations from looking at the Mesa E911 address
> FileGDB.
>
> The expansion of street_type is missing WAY, SQ, LOOP, PT, LNDG and
> RUN. Also missing is expansion for SW.
>
> Mesa county also has building outlines. Have you considered importing
> them at the same time? With nearly 90K address, there is a lot of
> building to manually digitize. I find it easier to do the work
> upfront instead of manually adding house. I just finished Edmonds, WA
> building and address import. There were a number of new houses that
> needed to be manually drawn. Even with the JOSM building plugin, it
> slows down the import. I would recommend trying a small subset to get
> a sense of how long it will take to manually digitize thousands of
> buildings.
>
> As you get further along, please provide some samples of the data you
> plan to import.
>
> Best,
> Clifford

The buildings have already been imported (they were last updated in
2015, when someone else did an import, along with their addresses --
they didn't do a great job -- they didn't have the fractions in house
numbers), so it it would be pointless to do another import of it.
Escpecially since I have removed some of the buildings in that import
(they no longer exist). Thanks for noticing that the county had them
though.

The MapWithAI plugin *will* merge addresses and buildings (if the
appropriate option is checked), so I don't have to take time to merge
(most) buildings and addresses. There are some instances where the node
is *just* outside the building polygon, but that is easy enough to fix
as I do the import.

I was missing expansions for PT, SQ, and TRL in the uploaded sample
file. I did have the Trl expansion in my translation file, but I hadn't
rerun it. I was not missing an expansion for SW (there is a PREFIX_DIR
field, but the SW in SW 60 was not in that field, and given the
propensity for using letters for road names in Mesa County, I am *not*
willing to expand SW/N/S/E/W or anything else in the STREET_NAM field
-- I should actually add a special case it so two letters don't get
title cased). There were not any occurances of "LNDG" or "RUN" in the
STREET_TYP field, while "LOOP" doesn't seem to be a suffix to me (does
it expand to something besides "Loop"?)

I've added the missing expansions to my local copy, and I've updated
the wiki and file.

Thank you for your feedback,
Taylor