Sorry for the delay.

The CQ workflow is correct. Piggyback CQs are no longer required. If your
dependency is already approved (or license_certified) for use by any
Eclipse project, then you can just use it in yours.

We're working on handbook updates.

Wayne

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 6:01 PM Jeen Broekstra <jeen.broeks...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> The project handbook has a section on Piggyback CQs (
> https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#ip-piggyback):
>
>> Many third party libraries have already been approved for use in Eclipse
>> projects. While these libraries have already been cleared for use by all
>> projects, their use must be tracked so that—in the event that a issue is
>> uncovered following the due diligence process—we can mitigate the impact of
>> that issue.
>>
> However, the CQ creation page on the project site now mentions:
>
> *Note: There is no longer a requirement to create third party requests for
>> reuse (piggybacks).*
>>

> Am I correct in assuming that the handbook is slightly out of date on the
> necessity of piggybacks?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeen

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.