* Praveen Kumar ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I am trying out Indiana preview 2. What would be the best way to get GNU
> Emacs on Indiana? I am not sure if it is available in the standard
> repository. I was trying to install the development tools so that I can
> compile it myself. However 'pkg search' doesn't work as I expect it to
> be. I am a bit confused on how I would figure out the package name that
> I have to install. For instance, when I did 'pkg search automake', it
> doesn't show anything. Is there a metapackage or something like that
> available to install all the GNU development tools using pkg?

Well, if you want a pre-compiled version there's blastwave:

$ pfexec pkgadd -d http://www.blastwave.org/pkg_get.pkg
$ pfexec /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i emacs

If you want to roll your own:

$ pfexec pkg install SUNWgcc
$ pfexec pkg install SUNWgccruntime
$ pfexec pkg install SUNWarc
$ pfexec pkg install SUNWbinutils

$ pfexec pkg install FSWxorg-headers
$ pfexec pkg install SUNWhea
$ pfexec pkg install SUNWsfwhea

There isn't a metacluster for installing GNU development tools.  I
suppose one could be created fairly easily.

Cheers,

Glenn