> This system was progressively image-updated all the
> way from build 93, which was installed from an
> interim/makeshift LiveDVD.  It has a lot of problems.
> E.g., the NIC stopped working--until I updated to
> b105--after I "entire"-updated from os0811, which
>  was image-updated from previous builds.

That's weird, my system has been incrementally updated since b98 (which was
also an interim build, nothing official), and the only 'problem' I've seen with
it was that happy-face boot was disabled, but that's easy to add manually,
another oddity was that /etc/power.conf got reset to 'cpupm disable', which
again, was trivial to fix.