Some species of Erithrina around Pulpally in Wayanad have developed a
desease whereby, entire stretch of black pepper farmers have suffered
as all their black pepper vines were planted on erithrina that
suddenly started perishing. So whereas the pepper vines are good the
standards have perished. I suppose Ms Raghavan is referring to the
same desease.
Regards
Yazdy  Palia.