Nayan sir,
Definitely yours bean is Bombay bean.

>From last few days, i have been scanning the records of the flowers I
photographged so far from few books I have in my possession.

1) Book of Wild Flowers of India- Isaac Kehimkar
2) Flowers of Sahyadri ( Part I & II )- Shrikant Ingalhalikar
3) National Parks & sanctuaries of Maharashtra (  my bible on forests of my
state) - BNHS publication, authored by Pratibha Pandey & Neema Pathak.

I am trying to put across the information of the flower/plant/shrub or tree
on its socio-economic value and conservation status of the said floral
species, through these sources and bit of googling.

The information I put regarding Bombay Bean was drived from the said
resources, as I written above.

2009/8/27 Nayan Singh <[email protected]>

> Dear Rajesh ji,
> thanks for sharing it. As you mentioned it is Endamic to SGNP & Phansad
> WLS, but i photographed it from Pench tiger reserve. My photo is attached, I
> think my plant is also Clitoria biflora
>
> Thanks
>
> N.S.Dungriyal IFS
> Chief Conservator of Forests
> and Field Director
> Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
> M.P.
> 09424792100
>
>  ------------------------------
> *From:* Rajesh Sachdev <[email protected]>
> *To:* [email protected]; [email protected];
> [email protected]; [email protected]
> *Sent:* Wednesday, 26 August, 2009 11:32:59 PM
> *Subject:* [indiantreepix:16874] Bombay Bean ( an endamic of Bombay
> erstwhile presidency)
>
> Name of Species: Clitoria biflora ( C. annua)
> Common Name:Supali (marathi), Bombay Bean (English)
> Family: Fabaceae
> Conservation status:Endamic plant reported from SGNP & Phansad WLS
> Photographed: 25th August,2009
> Location: Sanjay Gandhi National Park
> Camera: Olympus SP570UZ
> Lens: OLYMPUS ED LENS AF ZOOM 4.6 - 92 mm, 1:2.8 - 4.6
> Description: Plant of 35-50 cms of height, flower of apprx 2.5 cms
> endamic to western ghats, flowers between August to october.
>
> >
>
> start: 2009-06-21 end: 0000-00-00
> ------------------------------
> Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click
> here <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_cricket_2/*http://cricket.yahoo.com>.
>



-- 
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev
------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.blogger.com/profile/00381405438030989041
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leoparguy/

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to