Thanks Surajit
We seem to be moving towards Cucumis melo in place of Cucumis sativus as
suggested by most websites.

I seem to have both C. momordica, commonly grown in rajasthan with
pinkish-yellow skin and flesh. It is now Cucumis melo subsp. agrestris var.
momordica

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/indiantreepix/Cucumis$20momordica/indiantreepix/hEfwrm2XtQw/-2S9IRmaAccJ

C. agrestris susbp. agrestris var. conomon (the new name for C. utillisimus
Roxb.) I think is also different. I seem to have it.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/indiantreepix/Cucumis$20conomon/indiantreepix/ei0yO-n_CiI/kg5xxbQkcREJ

I have asked my son to send me more photographs of Dosakaya from
California, with section through the flesh, because flesh of var. dudaim is
very distinct more like our Sarda fruit. I hope we should be moving towards
it after someone finds real dosakaya vine.

Thanks a lot Surajit ji for your painstaking research.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/