Some earlier relevant feedback:
          I am not satisfied at what I am going to suggest, but I have no
alternative, you may check probability of *Vitis neilgherrensis* Wight
<http://www.plantillustrations.org/species.php?id_species=1068242>, which
is synonymous with *Vitis himalayana* Brand., in FBI,
<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/m---z/v/vitaceae/parthenocissus/parthenocissus-semicordata>
but does carry some difference.
Thank you
Regards
surajit

 Thank you very much Surajit ji.
Being not so familiar with *Cissus* / *Vitis* of south India, my attempts
to ID would be weaker than guesses.
*Vitis neilgherrensis* does look like a good possibility.
Radha's thoughts were *Cissus* ¿ *carnosa* / *trifoliata* ?
I am yet to check on them.
Regards.
Dinesh

*Vitis carnosa* of FBI falls under the sector which have stems and leaves
usually fleshy. *Cissus carnosa* of Flora Indica has flattened stem,
leaflets oval glossy serrate..... etc. Please check FBI and FI details.
Relevant literature attached herewith.
If the illustrations at
http://www.plantillustrations.org/illustration.php?id_illustration=123032 looks
similar to your plant, please note the fruits in the same illustration.
Thank you
Regards
surajit

I further clarify why I am not satisfied with *Vitis himalayana*, I have
suggested so far. FBI says the plant is glabrous what is not your species.
But at the same time var. *semicordata* from Himalaya
<http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=242336015> is
hispidly pubescent.
Thank you
Regards

Surajit

 I'm not at all happy with C.carnosa but feeling quite at a loss with this
id.
Looking through Matthew's Flora of TN Carnatic I came across Ampelocissus
araneosa, whose leaves look quite similar.  Descriptions do not match
entirely.
See what you think.  Vitaceae members do display variation!
regards
Radha