Usha di,
I am interested in Indian Acacias as I worked on the group in the nineties
and published my findings.   There has been drastic overhauling in the
group since then.  First, splitting of the genus Acacia into three genera
and in this connection lot of new combinations were made. Even species
clubbed together by me and Dr. Gangopadhyay are now recognized to be
distinct entities.  Similar is the case of Acacia polyacantha (Now
Senegalia polyacantha), Having failed to differentiate it from A. catechu,
I treated the former as a synonym of  the latter.  I sent copies of these
publication to Garg ji from time to time for updating.
One drawback of my work is that I could not examine the type of several
taxa and decision had to be taken without seeing them.  In the seventies
and eighties the foreign herbaria were sending type materials on loan but
they discontinued this practice in the nineties because of poor mailing
conditions.  The first in line was the Kew herbarium which stopped sending
any specimen to India on loan.  At present, we are able to see at least the
images of the type specimens of the Indian species distributed in various
foreign herbaria. I do not no Mr. Deshpande personally and Dr. Bruce
informed me that he is working on the Indian Acacias for his Ph. D.  I have
not seen any publication by Mr. Deshpande so far and waiting eagerly to see
what he finds out.  Dr. Bruce, being World expert on Acacias can clarify my
doubts in several cases, particularly on the introduced species. He has
already clarified my confusions with regards to the group for State Flora
of Karnataka which I am editing at present.  I am looking forward for his
forthcoming visit to India with great anticipation.
I can circulate the publications of Drs. Bruce and Ragupathy et al. in the
itpmods.  My publication is as follows for which I do not have any soft
copy.

      CHAKRABARTY, T. AND M. GANGOPADHYAY.  1996.  The genus *Acacia* P.
Miller (Leguminosae : Mimosoideae) in India.  *J. Econ. Taxon. Bot. *20(3):
599 - 633.
With kind regards,
Tapas.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 4:21 AM, Ushadi Micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com