*I currently cannot put a firm name on this - shall comment further in due
course. I do consider it is part of the G.collinum-pratense-himalayense*
*alliance (see below) but definitely not with what I understand to be
G.himalayense from Ladakh.*

I do have some images of Geranium pratense taken in the UK earlier this
year which it might be worthwhile me posting for comparison purposes -
accepting that Nasir recognised subspecies stewartianum.

Let me try to explain.  In the Notes Yeo supplied me, he draws attention to
the problematical G.collinum-pratense-himalayense alliance.  He considered
this was particularly critical in the NW Himalaya with high quality pressed
specimens needed (nowadays these can be supplemented and sometimes replaced
by high quality digital images (provided the advice given below is
followed).  This alliance has pink to blue flowers (sometimes white) in
which the stamen-tip and stigmas are never blackish-purple...

I consider it will be helpful for keen photographers, willing to make an
additional effort, to know which parts of Geranium to photograph.  Having
images of such parts of each geranium will greatly aid identification and
enhance our understanding of the genus in the Himalaya - and perhaps you
can help with the locating and identification of a species new-to-science!

PHOTOGRAPHING GERANIUMS:

*IF only the first one or two flowers have come out don't bother to collect
as the form of inflorescence will not be evident.*

*The rootstock is important; get enough to show whether compact or
creeping, or annual.  You can photograph the base of the plant which should
provide this information.  Clearly, one requires permission from the
authorities to uproot a plant.  There is still  a need and indeed role for
the collection of pressed specimens for herbaria in India but that is
primarily the domain of staff of botanic gardens/ institutions.*

* In the early stages of flowering look out for the best-developed unripe
fruits available.*

* If fruit is ripe try to include both dehisced and undehisced states.*

* If the fruits are falling with the seeds inside them, collect some (many
geraniums disperse their seed explosively but some seed is often retained).*

*Include some loose petals when pressing (detach if necessary).  Expose
stamens to show filament shape and hairs by taking 2 or 3 sepals off a
flower from which petals have recently dropped.*

*Smoothing out one or two leaves and flowers as you close the press may be
helpful; a few separately pressed basal and lower/middle stem leaves are
often useful.*

*Wilted specimens can be very misleading.*

*Notes should be taken as to flower posture, colour and patterning of
petals, colour of stigmas, anthers and distal parts of filaments (not
necessary if your photos show these).*

*And don't forget to ensure the stipules are clearly shown - something that
would have been obviously in pressed specimens, so not mentioned above by
Yeo.*