Dear Dr Singh
I have not seen a copy of the description of Geranium clarkei nor have a copy
of his book on Hardy Geraniums
(the reason he had 'Hardy' in the title is that because in the UK gardeners
often include non-hardy
Pelargoniums, which interestingly often appear in window boxes in front of
Swiss chalets but presumably,
as in my country are brought inside to over-winter in a frost-free place, as
well as true Geraniums).
There is a Hardy Geranium Group of the UK Hardy Plant Society - I have lectured
at their AGM on two occasions
about Himalayan geraniums.
Would be most useful if anyone who has a copy (or access to one) of Yeo's
description of Geranium clarkei could sent
me a copy.  This seems to have been published in 'Hardy Geraniums' (1985).
Meanwhile, see: http://apps.kew.org/herbcat/getImage.do?imageBarcode=K000729513
which is the Holotype collected by Clarke in Kashmir at 'Harpoor' 2400m. I note
Yeo had previously determined this as Geranium pratense 'Kashmir Form' -was
this the same as Geranium pratense susbp. stewartianum?
And what you understood to be Geranium pratense in Kashmir?
I note that the 'Assessment of Geranium Diversity...' you sent a link to
includes G.clarkei but provides no synoyms.  It includesGeranium himalayaense
with G.pratense sensu FBI as a synonym but not G,pratense.
I have some images of what is now known in cultivation as G.clarkei 'Kashmir
White' which I can find and post plus a form of G,pratensegrowing wild in the
UK, which I shall also post for comparison purposes.
Also took images of what I understand to be G.himalayense, growing in the
garden here, still in flower (just) which I photographed at the same time as
the images I posted yesterday of Geranium wallichianum.  In the latter case, I
can post a dozen or so images, showing the range of characteristics, which will
be helpful.
In the mean-time, I draw your attention to cultivated forms of G.clarkei
'Kashmir white' (bearing in mind that not all images on the internet of this
cultivar, other cultivated varieties belonging to all genera and species of all
genera are correctly identified, indeed many are not and geraniums are prone to
hybridise, which complicates matters further and this happens not just
accidentally due to bees but actively due to gardeners deliberately crossing
them):
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Geranium+clarkei%22&tbm=isch&gws_rd=ssl#gws_rd=ssl&imgrc=4e_uKDlz4p_VKM%3A

;https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Geranium+clarkei%22&tbm=isch&gws_rd=ssl#gws_rd=ssl&imgrc=RmOIRJDoz76QcM%3A

;https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Geranium+clarkei%22&tbm=isch&gws_rd=ssl#gws_rd=ssl&imgrc=7A2LE_887M917M%3A
these look OK to me.
And there is G.clarkei 'Kashmir Purple' see:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Geranium+clarkei%22&tbm=isch&gws_rd=ssl#gws_rd=ssl&imgrc=RG65D9_9X7h8JM%3A

Best Wishes,

Chris Chadwell

81 Parlaunt Road