All comments are complementing each other , highlighting what is required
in the process of identification .

In practical examination at MBBS and above , we have cases of spot
diagnosis where .....just look and tell . Fast . Then there are short cases
where minimum of examination will reveal diagnosis . We had to look at
slides under microscope , xrays etc with classical diagnostic features we
had to identify . Then there is long case which we had to take history , do
a thorough physical examination , come to a tentative diagnosis or set of
diagnoses , and then we were grilled in discussion , proving or disproving
them , or how to approach , which investigations to do , what we expected
to find out .

The business of plant identification I find no different .
Some identifications will be quick , one look and bingo ! Some will need a
little exploration , and some will need thorough examination , at times
with a microscope .

We all are practising this , knowingly or unknowingly .

Vinay ji has provided good relevant data regarding habitat and plant .
Pictorial documentation needs be more elaborate yet specific , and it comes
only by going through the key of given genus again and again .