Dear All,

Let me share some doubts on the plant posted here. The plant disagrees
with the description in the floras in following respects.
1. Stipular spines are hooked instead of straight.
2. Leaves are obovate, retuse with a mucro and narrowed at base
instead of elliptic acute and rounded at base.

The plant matches with the description of C. horrida L. described in
T. Cooke's flora which is given as a syn of C. zeylanica in BSI flora
of Maharashtra. I had seen this plant at Kanakeshwar along with Mr.
Pravin Kawle last year and was wondering if I could see it in flowers.
Can anyone explain the merger of 2 distinct plants? Regards, Shrikant