Respected members,

I always wanted to know what exactly is Bonsai after I was introduced to
this topic many years ago. It was told to me that it is done by injecting
some chemicals to stunt the growth of plants. This put me into total
aversion to Bonsaii. How can one go against Nature? Is this not cruelty to
plants? Is this ethical and many such questions have lingered in my mind
till today and it pains me.

Was I given the wrong information?. I do not want to find on the net to get
incomplete information.
Can someone throw light on this subject and give me the correct information.
It would help me to put my mind at peace if it is otherwise.

Regards
Bhagyashri