Madhuri: we call it vilayati tetul, Jilipi tetul... sweetish-sourish
pulp... like a tamarind....
very popular with local kids...  they strip the tree of fruits as soon
they discover it...
many a time breaking the branches...   recently Kolkta corporation
(Most probably them  or under their permission)  even cut down many of
them from crowded streets... dont know their reasons though

DID you get to taste it?

Usha di