There are many things that can be done. But are indians ready to handle it?
Lets say Lemon doesnt have Vitamin K so we induce a Vitamin K
producing gene from Guava to Lemon!! but again the question is But are
indians ready to handle it?
Pankaj

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM, ankush prakash
<ankushpraka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Pankaj sir ....I think understanding genes is one of the very
> difficult and interesting efforts in this field...
> But suppose if we identify the genes responsible for the shape and size of a
> particular fruit,say an orange, and we make some changes in the sequences,so
> that the next progeny produce oranges of different shape,say like
> banana,.......could this be possible?

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Orchid Conservation Section
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36c, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
          sahanipan...@gmail.com
          pankajsah...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
           +852 9436 6251 (mobile)