A real great work. You have really a great patience to work. Hats off to you.
Madhuri
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from !DEA

-----Original Message-----
From: Pankaj Oudhia <pankajoud...@gmail.com>
Sender: indiantreepix@googlegroups.com
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 00:00:52
To: efloraofindia<indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:112206] Achyranthes based Formulations in Indian
 Traditional Healing

Dear Group Members,

     Achyranthes aspera is a reputed medicinal herb since time immemorial.
I am documenting Traditional Medicinal Knowledge about this herb since year
1990. I interacted with over 20,000 Traditional Healers from different
parts of India in last 22 years. Initial surveys resulted in 150,000
Formulations. Most of the Formulations are not reported in ancient as well
as modern literature.

I am Homoeopath by education and in Homoepathy, diseases are dealt in
detail. In our Kent's Repertory thousands of symptoms are mentioned.

As beginner, I conducted sample surveys with the help of questionnaire.
This approach was good for publication of papers but worst in getting true
information.

Today in the world thousands of papers are there on Ethnobotany with same
approach. Papers report about the herb useful in Malaria but it is
difficult to treat the patients in ground with this information.
Homoeopathy describes thousands of symptoms of Malaria and its
complications.

I used my study of Homeopathy to the surveys. "Vertigo after sexual
excess"- I asked this key symptom in different languages to thousands of
Traditional Healers. In 22 years I got information about thousands of
formulations for this key symptom. You can imagine the quantum of
information, when thousands of such symptoms are presented among the
Healers for their comments.

I am talking about only Achyranthes. There are thousands of medicinal
species used in Indian Traditional Healing.

I am trying to present these results with the help of my Medicinal Plant
Database. At first the effort is on to present the list of topics discussed
in database. Some topics discussed on Achyranthes are given in this document

http://www.scribd.com/doc/87083468/Part-One-of-Chirchita-or-Apamarg-Achyranthes-aspera-L-based-Herbal-Formulations-in-Indian-Traditional-Healing-Pankaj-Oudhia%E2%80%99s-Ethnobotanical-Surve

Today I was in local Pharmacy College for guest lecture. I talked on below
given topic for four hours.

Hymenodictyon excelsum WALL. (Type 19- As per Traditional Allelopathic
Treatment the Traditional Healers practice) and Achyranthes aspera L.
(Apamarga, Chirchita, Aghedo, Prickly Chaff Flower, Latjira) with other
Herbal Ingredients (Allelopathically Enriched): Research Documents from
Pankaj Oudhia’s Medicinal Plants Database (Traditional Knowledge Database)
on use of Indigenous Herbal Medicines (Herbal Formulations) for Rectum-
coldness in anus .

Students were keen to know more and assured that they will work on this
topic.

These Traditional Formulations are valuable asset of our country.
Unfortunately most of these formulations are not in famous TKDL as neither
the ancient nor the modern researchers documented the Traditional Knowledge
in this way.

As you know, I have taken not a single paisa from anyone to document this
knowledge in 22 years. From each topic one full length paper can be
prepared and published in hi-impact factor journal but it is practically
not possible to publish thousands of papers. Best way is to give it as gift
to young generation so that they can preserve and enrich it for future.

If you are interested please keep visiting
http://www.scribd.com/pankajoudhia and http://www.pankajoudhia.com for
updates.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia