Dear Friends
The Valley of Flowers Week which we had to convert into a month long
episode due to unmanageable load of uploads is a real feather in the
history of our Group. The true heroes of this episode have been Dinesh ji,
Prashant ji, Balkar ji, Nidhan ji, Rajesh ji, Mani ji, Dalia ji, ably
supported by Pankaj ji, Debashish ji and Smita who between them shared
nearly 1150 uploads of interesting plants from this rich valley, receiving
more than 5000 responses, something which we never imagined at any stage. I
would especially thank Tabish ji and Tiwari ji for maintaining the interest
in this episode by plating a major role in resolving identity of many
plants. It has been a real pleasure for me to be a part of this episode,
seeing many Himalayan plants for the first time and seeing many others
after a gap of more than 40 years.
     Though all our uploaders have been the Heroes of this episode, but the
real Hero of this special episode has been Dr. Balkar Singh, who not only
helped Rajesh ji in organising the VOF trip, but also coordinated  the
episode, and above all, the real criterion for this honour, uploaded the
highest number of plants, nearly 305.
      Congratulations Dr. Balkar Singh ji.........and thank you very much
for making it possible.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/