Judith

It amazes me how the Australian public is letting governments get away with
what they are doing to this country.  I know people who have morgaged their
homes to buy shares in privatized utilities (another American expression).
The point is the stock market will collapse, maybe not in the next few weeks
or months but it will collapse. The 1930's is a good example. Free marketers
were running around telling everyone how good it was, then bang.

The Kemp leak about higher education was done on purpose to give the public
time to adjust, and accept the situation.  Hawke, Keating and Howard use
this tactic all the time.

 Here is a point about State Governments.  In 1997 State governments wasted
over $5,000 million dollars on trying to attract international business to
their states, it has also been estermated that the Federal government waste
somewhere between 3-7 thousand million every year. Where does this money go?
When I read, hear, and see the headlines in the paper and on TV about
Surharto's Millions you just have to laugh the same thing is going on in
Australia only in a different way.

Governments are always telling us we need business investment from
multinational companies. Multinational business's are just not important in
the overall scheme of  things. They employ throughout the world approx 26
million people the worlds population is 6billion. (World Bank Report 1998).
So why the fuss about them I don't understand, they are of very little value.

If we are to have this type of investment then lets stick to Japanese, or
other Asian corporations, and keep the flow of money in Asia.

Until next time,
Graham

Kirim email ke