Hey guys,

Re: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1396

While looking into this, I've discovered that we have been creating executors
in cache level components, where we're calling submit from @Listener
implementations.

For example, BaseStateTransferManagerImpl.ViewChangeListener submits a rehash
task and TransactionTable.StaleTransactionCleanup submits a tasks to break
locks.

Did the people that wrote these listeners (Dan & Mircea respectively) consider
defining listeners to be called asynchronously? i.e. @Listener(sync = false)

Unless you have very strict requirements, the async listener executor should
just work, and would lead to reuse of executors which results in lower
consumption.

The same applies to the singleton store executor btw.

Surely, if we were to expand on to other use cases, async notification executor
should have more than 1 max thread by default, otherwise we could easily hold
up tasks.

Cheers,
--
Galder Zamarreño