On Wed 2014-02-05 15:53, Mircea Markus wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2014, at 9:32 AM, Emmanuel Bernard <emman...@hibernate.org> wrote:
>
> > Sure searching for any cache is useful. What I was advocating is that if
> > you search for more than one cache transparently, then you probably need to
> > CRUD for more than one cache transparently as well. And this is not being
> > discussed.
>
> Not sure what you mean by CRUD over multiple caches? ATM one can run a TX
> over multiple caches, but I think there's something else you have in mind :-)

//some unified query giving me entries pointing by fk copy to bar and
//buz objects. So I need to manually load these references.

//happy emmanuel
Cache unifiedCache = cacheManager.getMotherOfAllCaches();
Bar bar = unifiedCache.get(foo);
Buz buz = unifiedCache.get(baz);

//not so happy emmanuel
Cache fooCache = cacheManager.getCache("foo");
Bar bar = fooCache.get(foo);
Cache bazCache = cacheManager.getCache("baz");
Buz buz = bazCache.put(baz);

> > I have to admit that having to add a cache name to the stored elements of
> > the index documents makes me a bit sad.
>
> sad because of the increased index size?

It makes the index non natural and less reusable using direct Lucene
APIs. But that might be less of a concern for Infinispan.