After final compactions, InfluxDB uses between 2 and 3 bytes per field
value stored. If your metrics are all numbers, then the total steady-state
size will be a bit more than 3 bytes * (metrics per minute) * minutes of
data stored.

See http://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v1.0/concepts/storage_engine/ and
http://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v1.0/guides/hardware_sizing/#how-much-storage-do-i-need
for
details.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 2:51 AM, <guillaumopla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Is there any way to calculate the database's size from the number
> measurements done per minute ? I mean predict the databse behavior (wal
> files, tsm files ...)
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Remember to include the version number!
> ---
> msgid/influxdb/ee32b8d0-f9bf-40df-baf1-e77fa93cddf5%40googlegroups.com.

Sean Beckett
Director of Support and Professional Services
InfluxDB

--
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/CALGqCvO35JzQhh0iKEZPuC0uJOVWjS11SRao%3DWrt0OQK6H5bug%40mail.gmail.com.