Hello,
I am thinking to write and contribute histogram to influxdb. Is that something
you are interested in?

I was looking at influxdb/influxql.go and I think I get the reducers,
aggregates and emits. There are some things I would like to discuss.

Histogram function could have parameters: <min>, <max>, <bucketcount>. There
could be a <stepsize> instead of <bucketcount>, but I think bucketcount is less
dangerous. Opinion?

What should HistogramFloatReducer emit? A map of "<bucket_min>-<bucket_max>":
<count>? Is it even possible to emit maps? Or maybe just an array of counts (of
len <bucketcount>)?

In influxq/functions.go I havent found any fucntion that would emit more than
one value per time. Could anyone please briefly show how to emit more values?
And maybe how to set column names.

I'd be grateful for suggested signatures for Histogram fucntions. I'm sure
there's somobody in InfluxData for whom it will take just a few moments to
sketch those.

Thanks for help!

Cheers,
Tomas