[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Kenneth Murchison writes:
> >
> >I think you're right, but before I make any changes, I want to make sure
> >that I don't break anything else.
>
> Yes, I'm just about to change a few strcmp() to strcasecmp() in
> my copy of sieve/script.c and test it.
>
> >Issues that come to mind:
> >
> >- do we compare the entire addresses case-independently or just the
> >domain?
> >- should the same be done for loop control mechanisms (ie, comparing
> >envelope 'from' and envelope 'to', or comparing envelope 'from' and
> >:addresses)?
>
> I notice a comment:
>
>                     /* first, is it from me? really should use a
>                        compare_address function */
>
> That might be a good idea, and yes, the same comparison should be used
> everywhere to be consistent.  As for the left-hand-side
> right-hand-side question, I notice that the standard vacation program,
> or at least the Solaris version, only compares the left-hand-side of
> an e-mail address.  In fact, it only wants userids on the command
> line, not complete e-mail addresses.  This behavior may only be
> because of the antiquity of the program.  There are some comments in
> the BSD source on this.  If sieve is to compare the right-hand-side,
> it should do it in a case-independant manner because domain names are
> supposed to be case-independant.  A quick fix and reasonably adequate
> solution would be to use strcasecmp() for the entire e-mail address.
> An exact solution would be to compare the left-hand-side in a manner
> consistent with Cyrus' handling of mailbox names.

I fixed this by adding a 'canon_domain' flag to get_address() and also
changed the code which grabs 'myaddr' so that it also canonicalizes the
domain.  Get message.[ch] and script.c from CVS if you are interested.

BTW, I also tweaked the In-Reply-To code in lmtpd.c to make sure a
message-id exists before trying to use it (I mistakenly removed this
check with my previous fix).

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127