> Issues that come to mind:
>
> - do we compare the entire addresses case-independently or just the
> domain?

I think a permissive case-insensitive match on the local part is better when
checking whether a vacation message should be sent. In our environment at
least, where the mail system happens to be case insensitive for local parts,
users receive messages with various capitalisations in their address. The
person setting the vacation message should not have to specify all the
possible variations on their address arising from that (and will anyway fail
to do so). It seems unlikely that a vacation message would be sent in error
because of a case-insensitive match, so you are gaining significant benefit
from a usability point of view for little if any cost.

John.