On 12/4/00 7:14 PM, "unplug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I still continue to send 1MB email to user.abc, he can't receive the mail,
> right!! However, I can see the maillog and it shows me that the 1MB email is
> delivered without problem.  Where does the 1MB email go??  Does it go to the
> queue or just delete by the deliver?? Where do the 1MB email keep if it is not
> deleted??  Can user.abc get back the 1MB email after he deletes his mailbox
> and get back below 100%??

If it's being delivered, then make sure that you're not running deliver with
the -q option. That option means:

       -q     Deliver message even when receiving mailbox is over
              quota.

If it's being delivered, then it's probably sitting in his INBOX waiting to
be read.

> Thanks for your script.  You run your script once a day and the sender &
> receiver will notified by a long delay if his mailbox is over 100% in the
> morning.  It seems too long to have such notification.

Then run it from cron more frequently - I run it once a day because of my
users' patterns. You could run it once an hour if you'd like - it's up to
you.

> Does there any methods
> that there will be a notification once the mailbox quota excess.  I mean if
> there is any setting for cyrus such that a notification will be sent to the
> sender immediately if the receiver's mailbox is over 100%.

There is a "quotawarn" option in your /etc/imapd.conf it is supposed to:

       quotawarn: 90
            The  percent  of  quota  utilization  over  which the
            server generates warnings.

I have never actually seen a quota warning - I'm not sure that all email
clients support it. I've seen it when I've used telnet to test and login,
but not in the actual email client.
--
Darron
[EMAIL PROTECTED]