From: "Jason du Preez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I have just installed cyrus on my FreeBSD 4.2 system - my problem is that
> cannot authenticate.
>
> I have installed cyrus-sasl and have created users using saslpasswd.
>

> Can anyone point me to a decent setup resource, or explain how to get the
> whole SASL / Cyrus combination working with FreeBSD?

Did you use the security/cyrus-sasl port?

First, check the permissions of the sasldb.db file, they need to be:

for postfix w/SMTP AUTH & cyrus-imapd:
-rw-r-----    cyrus    mail    sasldb.db

for sendmail w/SMTP AUTH & cyrus-imapd:
-rw-r-----    cyrus    wheel    sasldb.db

Anyone know how to run sendmail as an alternate group (i.e. mail)?

The security/cyrus-sasl port installs the pwcheck daemon.  This daemon needs
to be started before you can authenticate passwords from the systems
password file.

    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/pwcheck.sh start

Scot