Lawrence Greenfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    - With plaintext login [using pwcheck], cyradm asks for the
>    password twice:
>      first "Please enter your password:" then "IMAP Password:" - any
>      reason why?
>
> I'm not sure.  Has anyone else run across this?  Can anyone else solve
> this?

On closer investigation, it seems cyradm tries to use PLAIN auth, but because
PLAIN is only available when SSL/TLS is in use (which cyradm doesn't use) this
mechanism fails, so it falls back to the IMAP login method (as my setup has no
other authentication methods enabled).

Thus, the first password prompt is asked by the SASL PLAIN plugin (which
fails) and the second prompt by cyradm (or rather, Cyrus::IMAP::Shell) which
succeeds. Either enabling SSL/TLS support in cyradm or disabling attempts to
use PLAIN when SSL/TLS is not being used, should fix this 'duplicate' password
prompt. Or at least that's my understanding..

Regards,

--
Cillian