From: Juan Leon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:01:31 -0500 (EST)

    I need to forward a message with a modified "To:" field.  The
   "redirect" sieve action just changes the SMTP envelope (or makes
   the MTA change the envelope).

As you've determined, this functionality isn't in Cyrus right now.

    Is there a sieve action to do what I want?  Is it possible that
   there might be one, sometime?

I suppose there could.  There was initial argument over what sort of
forwarding Sieve should do, and the action got renamed "redirect" from
"forward" to meet user's expectations a little better.  At the time,
most people expressed preference for the current behavior.

Nothing stops us from implementing a "forward" extension that rewrites
the header and maybe does a MIME attachment (or not?), though it
strikes me somewhat as a feature creep.  (I do understand your need
for it.)

I'll probably be much more open for these sort of things once we've
started compiling Sieve scripts to some sort of bytecode to speed up
execution.

Larry

    The reason I need this is that mobile phone providers often do not
   accept mail that is not explicitly addressed to the recepient
   (to prevent expensive spamming I suppose).  I imagine this is
   an application of sieve (e.g, filter urgent messages and forward
   them to a mobile phone) that would be useful to others.

   Thank you,

   Juan