Thanks to all for your help.

I finally downloaded the correct patch, and applied it to sasl.

Everything is working like a charm - 8 cyrus servers running on 1 machine, all
using the -C config option with 8 different config files, all configs pointing
to a different basedn in the ldap tree.  It doesn't get any better than this...

My next hurdle to overcome is whether to use sendmail or postfix, and which
mailer will require the least hassle to support multiple domains...I will save
this for another time.

-John