Hey Kevin,

KMM> Both IP addresses use SASL for authenticatiom and I can use multiple LDAP
KMM> servers and multiple basedns very nicely.  Mail is stored in separate
KMM> spools for each IP address and I can have identical uids for multipe
KMM> addresses (i.e [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
KMM> [EMAIL PROTECTED] both work but are separate mail boxes).

KMM> Thanks much to Michael Clark for pointing out the sasl_ldap patches.  That
KMM> definitely allows me to use Cyrus the way I want to (although I'd much
KMM> prefer to specify multiple trees/servers in the pam_ldap config so that
KMM> _all_ services can take advantage of this, not just cyrus and sendmail).
KMM> Very cool.

I'm fairly new to the Cyrus/LDAP game.  How would I get started?  I'm using the
SASL-LDAP patch.  Set up my ldap directory for sasl as well.  Here's where I
start to get lost.  Should I add a cyrus user to the DIT?  I would assume sasl
would try to authenticate that way.  But then, wouldn't I need a system cyrus
account (i'm not using pam_ldap, pure virt users) to change ownership during the
config stage and what not?

Then how else do I create new users?  Just su cyrus, and then cm the mailboxes,
and then add an entry to my DIT for each user?

Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks a lot.

--
 Kevin