Hey guys,

Regarding the forking problem that some of us seem to be having. I've
been in touch with the SleepyCat support department. We discussed a few
things about the problem and finally i sent him a copy of the
cyrusdb_db3.c file.. At first the response was that maybe opening it
read/write contantly could be the problem. Then i received the following
email:

--

One of our senior engineers reviewed Support Request #3838, and
comments:

     Berkeley DB only transactionally protects the open if you're
     doing a DB_CREATE.  Even if the Cyrus application is opening
     the file read/write, we don't need a transaction.  I see
     from their source that they are always specifying DB_CREATE.
     I bet if they changed it to not specifying CREATE and only
     creating if necessary, the problem would probably go away.

Regards,
--keith

--

Maybe somebody can comeup with change to the code that can implement this??

Greetings,

Hugo

"That i'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me!"
Hugo Trippaers (HT2-6BONE)      ISION Internet BV
System Engineer (RHCE)          http://www.ision.nl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]