I recently upgraded to Cyrus 2.0.13 (from 1.6.24), and as such was anxious
to take advantage of the integrated SSL/TLS support.  It worked just as it
had under 1.6.24 under Communicator (I used stunnel for the SSL support
then).

However, under Outlook Express I encountered some strange problems.  When I
have two accounts setup, I could go from the Cyrus one to the other account
and back once, but not twice (ie, view a folder on the Cyrus account, then a
folder on another account).  Initially this smelled like an Outlook Express
bug to me, but then I switched from using Cyrus' native SSL support (imaps
in this case) to using stunnel again, and it worked flawlessly.  When this
error occurred, I got debugging output that stated a 0 length key had been
negotiated in the SSL connection setup.

Then I tried the same thing with Eudora.  Unlike Outlook Express, Eudora
uses STARTTLS (not imaps port 993).  Eudora failed even earlier (debugging
showed that it failed in SSL_accept()).  When I told Eudora to instead use
the port 993 method, it worked just fine.

Any thoughts about why STARTTLS doesn't seem to work?  I don't know of other
clients to check the STARTTLS functionality with other than Eudora...

On the server, I'm running RedHat 6.2 on a 2.2.14 kernel.

Alec

--
Alec H. Peterson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Staff Scientist