Don't like to reply to my own email but maybe someone is interested in
my findings. As other subscribers with similar problems I got no help
from the list but I found a solution for myself although I don't know
if this solution is permanent.

The procmail recipe below caused deliver to segfault.

>   :0 w
>   | $DELIVERMAIL -a $LOGNAME -m user.$LOGNAME
>
>   ($DELIVERMAIL is "/usr/local/bin/deliver -r $SENDER")

I removed the -r flag (BTW: I couldn't find out what's the difference
between the -r and the -f flag) and removed in the postfix master config
file the R flag (which adds a Return-Path: field). The above recipe is now

   :0 w
   | /usr/local/bin/deliver $LOGNAME

I saw no more core dumps since yesterday. I can use the -a flag but a
segfault occurs if two recipes are calling deliver with the -a flag
simultanously as it happens when the first recipe has the c flag and
creates a copy of the message. Example:

   :0 c
   | $DELIVERMAIL -a $LOGNAME -m user.$LOGNAME.subfolder

   :0
   | $DELIVERMAIL -a $LOGNAME -m user.$LOGNAME

Removing the -a and -m flags from the second recipe fixes the problem.

 Werner