Hi!

 We've experienced the same problem with cyrus 2.0.xx as some of you have, it
seem the db3 part can sometimes "deadlock".

 There is a partial solution: make cyrus use text files, instead of db3. You
have to modify one or two lines in the source, but sadly I don't have the
source here with me right now.

 Another (performance) problem: if you use a text mailbox file (mailboxes),
it'll get bigger and bigger, slower and slower. Ours is about 20 MByte-s large,
and has around 200'000 folders (approx.) The problem is, whenever one wants to
create a new folder (or delete one), the new "line" has to be inserted into the
file, which requires a full copy, and is slow.
 DB3 is nice, but the reconstruct is way too slow, as I experienced.

 I'm planning on doing a "mailbox-daemon", which will load all mailbox data
into itself, and persist. It would communicate with the cyrus-server with a
unix domain socket. I think it would be even faster than DB3, because DB3 has
to access and load (some of) the data and log files for each cyrus-instance.

| Noll Janos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://www.johnzero.hu |
| "Expect the unexpected!"    | ICQ# 4547866 |  Linux rulez! |