[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am not sure why you gave me all these db3 instructions? Are they are
known
> problem with redhat and cyrus imap?

No. You asked if there was some kind of RH7.1 HOWTO. I was just showing you
all of the steps I use, since there's no HOWTO that I'm aware of. As I
mentioned the manual compilation of DB3 is optional since RH7.1 has
perfectly fine RPMs, and as others have mentioned completely replacing your
DB3 libs can be a PIA. It was just there for completeness (I compile
manually to get the fine-tuning I want, but most people won't need to).

> The error I am getting still seems to be
> something about snmp...

Do you want to use snmp to monitor your server? If so, install pthreads and
AgentX as described in doc/install-prereq.html. If not, include the
'--without-ucdsnmp' option to configure. Remove config.cache before
rerunning ./configure to be sure that everything is clean.