With the package IMAP-Admin-1.4.3
running test.pl as follows:

[root@mail121 IMAP-Admin-1.4.3]# perl test.pl
1..14
ok 1
Remaining tests require a connection an imap server
Please enter the server and the admin user and password at the prompts
Enter server: localhost
Enter login: adm
Enter password:
Test using SSL(y/n)? n
IMAP::Admin [ initialize ]: try NO Login failed: authentication failure
[root@mail121 IMAP-Admin-1.4.3]#

The following script is the simplest example:

$imap=IMAP::Admin->new('Server'=>'localhost','Login'=>'adm','Password'=>'xxx
xx');
$err=$imap->create("$mbx");
print "error: $err\n";
$err=$imap->{'Error'};
print "error: $err\n";
$imap->close;

will produce:

[root@mail121 /home]# ./cyrushelper
error: 1
error: IMAP::Admin [ initialize ]: try NO Login failed: authentication
failure

Could the use of pam-mysql have anything to do
the authentication failure. The passwords in the db
are encrypted with mysql password function. I can
log in from a client without any problems.

Regards