Sandra wrote:
>     I was trying to  know why unix-notify is not working in cyrus-imap +
> postfix. I have
> compiled cyrus to use unix-notity socket, but  the message about over
> quota is
> displayed in /var/log/maillog.
>    Is simple_notify.pl searching this message in  /var/log/messages or
> Am i  wrong?
>     How does it work? Do I have to configure some place to change this
> search?

unix-notify is a hook that gets called each time a message is delivered
(from doc/overview.htm):
----
New Mail Notification

   The Cyrus IMAP server comes with two optional notification
   mechanisms, for use with either the Zephyr notification service, or
   a custom Unix sockets notification daemon.

<...>
  Unix Sockets Daemon

   If the server software is compiled with the custom Unix sockets
   notification daemon mechanism, then the server creates a Unix
   socket connection to /var/imap/socket/notify and passes the
   following information (separated by newlines):
    1. Class
    2. Instance
    3. User: The username that the email is being delivered to
    4. Mailbox: The folder that the email is being delivered to
    5. Message: The From, To, and Subject headers of the email.

   The contrib/notify_unix directory has two examples of Perl daemons
   that implement simple notification. See the README file located the
----
This does not do over-quota notification. For that you need quotacheck,
which (along with lots of other great tools) is available at Cyrus-utils: