This is great. I have been banging my head against the wall here.
Let me tell you what I want to do and you tell me if it even possible.

1. I moved to cyrus from UW because of the ability to create virtual mailboxes
    and sasl has worked fine

2, I also have a mysql database that contains user info and is also used to
authenticate
    users for various parts of the website including my web based imap client.

what I want to do is

1. combine the creation of cyrus mailboxes with record creation in the sql db
2. have cyrus use pam_mysql to look up and authenticate passwords from the sql database

are 1 or 2 possible ?

I have compiled pam_mysql as directed and tested it with pam module for the sudo
and it definetely checks the database when I use it there. The same is not true for
imap,
no queries are made to the database and nothing seems to work except sasl

I am working on an intel redhat linux 7.1 system.

Thanks in advance.

--
Vincent Stoessel [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Java Linux Apache Mysql Php (JLAMP) Engineer